Another The Reverend attempt of a receipe I’ve seen on someone-else’s blog. This time it is from KatyKicker’s excellent blog. I was very interested in trying this out as I often have wraps when I make my southern fried chicken.
What You’ll Need!
- 250g Plain flour
- 3g Salt
- 5g Baking powder
- 15g Butter
- 120ml Water
I actual used slightly more water that Katy’s receipe as I found the dough was still a little too dry with only 100ml of water. I only added this extra at the end after adding the water bit by bit.
- Sift Flour into a mixing bowl
- Add salt and baking powder
- Give a good mix
- Add the butter and work together with hands
- Add water slowly while working with your hands
- When water completely added, cover with a damp kitchen paper towel
- Leave for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes heat frying pan
- split dough into 8 slightly larger then golf-ball peices
- Roll out 1 of the peices as thin as you can get it.
- Put it in the dry frying pan and cook until it browns. Any air bubbles will expand and can blacken
- Flip over when one-side browns
- When cooked, place under a tea-towel to stay warm and do the next one.
- When all are cooked, eat and enjoy!